Saturday 26 December 2009

What goes around comes around...

In fashion what's 'in' is 'out' and what's 'out' is soon back 'in' again. You know what they say, if you leave an item in your wardrobe for a few years, it will be worth its weight in gold - as far as fashion goes anyway.

In this post I will show that fashion is on a loop. Everything is taken from inspiration. Just take the 80's revival for example. Big hair, leggings, blazers and even shoulder pads. I personally love anything to do with the 80's, I think the 'cool' edge and impact the 80's had on fashion is incredible. But why is it so hot in noughties?

Back then:

Wayfarers were 'hot' in a big way in the 80's. Now you can't walk down the high street without seeing a pair or two.










Now:

Bringing sexy back. Raybans a go-go. Pretty much every style icon owns a pair, do you?












Back Then:


Shoulder pads were made famous in a big way by programmes such as Dynasty.





They're back:


Everybody's wearing them, like it or not they're back, and they just keep getting bigger and bigger and ...






Boho is back.

Hippie sheek street styles are back on the scene. Braids, beads, folk patterns and faux fur. What's not to love. Layering is key. If you don't love it, you will.

Then:




Now :

Bohemian styles are here, here to stay? Who knows. But if 'what goes around comes around' really applies then it will be back. No doubt.










Denim shirts:

Denim shirts were big in the 90's. Now they've made a sudden statement on the highstreets. I must say they're growing on me.



Now:









Merry Christmas to all of you.

I got my Christmas spirit in the end, who knew it was hidden inside a brand new Blackberry box 'eh! :)

Hope you all had a good one. Roll on New Year!
X

8 comments:

Nuheila said...

You are so right-what goes around comes around-soon or later:)Sometimes it s funny,we wear clothes what we just hated yesterday!
Great post sweety!

Nuheila

Abbie B-C said...

I love that you agree with me. It is funny I know exactly what you mean, I remember once saying how discusting I thought wayfarers looked, and now I love them. Fashion messes with your mind my dear!

Thank you for the lovely comment.

xx A xx

TM said...

I love Boho style :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post ! And so very true

cupcake♥trash said...

so true!

Fashion Wh0re said...

Love this post and that picture with the red glasses is my favorite..

MalibuMara said...

this is a cool post!
i like paris hiltons raybans they look fun!
i have all black ones boo.

nice blog!
http://malibumara.blosgpot.com

Anonymous said...

I don't have links on my blog, but you can still put me on your links. If I ever decided to add links on my blog then I will definitely put your link ;)

Btw, I do follow you on Bloglovin' :)